Mental Health Coordinator - Darwin.
Reference: MHC Closing date: COB Friday 19th January 2018
The Mental Health Coordinator:
- Provide Carers in the Darwin region with access to flexible support options. This includes assistance in their caring role and support to improve health and well-being through social and economic participation in the community.
- Provides peer support in both individual and group settings that includes the provision of high quality, accessible and appropriate information, access to respite and support and referral to a range of support services.
- Coordinates the implementation of group activities for Carers including respite, carer support, education and training, community and capacity building, particularly with relevance to the NDIS.
- Participates in regional networks to share and receive information in the sector, also advocating and reporting on systemic issues.
- Maintains responsibility for the Carer Peer Mentoring Program.